Employment at AMADA
AMADA's dedication to engineering excellence and unmatched product support has established and earned a worldwide reputation. That standard-setting commitment continues at AMADA CANADA, LTD. — a company driven to ensure our customers' success.
At AMADA CANADA, Ltd. we custom engineer cost-saving solutions. We do this by carefully listening to our customers and responding to their needs. If you're interested in putting your customer-centered skills to work for an industry leader, please contact us today.
AMADA CANADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salaries and excellent comprehensive benefits.
Technical Consultant – Software, Mississauga
AMADA is currently seeking a Technical Consultant specializing in software, and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. Our ideal candidate has some formal training and/or experience in IT/IIOT/ERP or MRP and is interested in applying their knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will become an expert in Amada’s CAD/CAM software supporting our customers. Will lead our IIOT software deployment demonstrating, preparing quotes, installing and supporting customers. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers software and related equipment running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install AMADA’s software products and troubleshoot issues working with customers’ IT departments.
- Demonstrate software and equipment as required.
- Design and program demonstration parts to show the relevant features of the equipment and software that would be attractive to current and potential customers.
- Conduct software and machine time-studies, feasibility studies and create related documents showing potential benefits of the entire proposed solution over the customer’s current environment.
- Provide IT and AV support for our Technical Centre demonstrations, shows, and online demos and webinars.
- Participate in public show events including planning, preparation, presentations and demonstrations of equipment and/or software.
- Train customers on AMADA software.
- Recommend appropriate solutions to the Sales department based on the application.
- Educate Sales department staff on the features and benefits of our products and solutions.
- Learn new software, machinery and technologies as needed.
- Apply basic applications and product knowledge of all AMADA products.
- Support AMADA staff on IT issues as required.
- Training and/or experience in IT/IIOT/ERP
- Excellent English communication skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual(French) (asset)
- Manufacturing / Fabrication experience (asset)
- 3d/2d CAD experience (asset)
- CAD/CAM training/programming experience (asset)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Able to work with MS Office applications
- Valid Canadian driver’s license (class G) and passport
Field Service Technician
ONTARIO - GTA East (Scarborough, Pickering)
ONTARIO - Mississauga
QUEBEC – Granby / Montreal
QUEBEC – Drummondville / Victoriaville
AMADA is currently seeking a Field Service Technician and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the installation, customer training, and repair of CNC sheet metal fabricating machines including Lasers. The successful candidate will take calls from customers and handle their own schedule.
The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers machinery running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Talk to customers and schedule service calls
- Install, troubleshoot and repair CNC Machines
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of machines
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors in person, by telephone, email, etc.
- Read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and parts diagrams.
- Order parts for customers.
- Work productively both independently and in a group
- Learn quickly in both classroom and on-the-job training
- Learn independently by studying manuals and machinery you are exposed to
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office
- Very comfortable with mechanical assemblies (able to identify mechanical problems and take apart and rebuild assemblies)
- Possess valid Class G driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to do some heavy lifting
- Have a valid passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
Other Skills or Assets
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication
- Experience with CNC machinery
- Experience with Fanuc CNC controls or Lasers
- Any related licenses, degrees, or certificates
- Advanced knowledge of PCs including networking